Our Shipping Policy
- Web Site Orders: Orders made through our web site are updated with emails showing progress of their order. An alternative delivery address can be used if unavailable between 8.00am - 6.00pm to sign for goods at the card holders address. This could be with a neighbour, relative or a work place. Every effort will be made to give a same day dispatch for orders received by 9:00am. (NOT Weekends or Bank holidays) provided no additional security checks are required. We are unable to guarantee same day dispatch at busy times or if there is a stock issue. We do not offer a tracking service for Royal Mail 1st and 2nd class deliveries. All delivery time estimates start from the time of dispatch.
- Telephone Orders: If you pay over the phone and request your order to be delivered to someone other than the card holder, we reserve the right to ask for proof of I.D. before the order is released. We do not offer a tracking service for any telephone orders. A till receipt will be enclosed with your order. Payment details are not stored on our server.
- Limitations: For YOUR PROTECTION, goods over the value of £50 will require a signature upon delivery. Orders under £50 can be left in a safe place without a signature. However, ASKING US TO DELIVER GOODS UNDER £50 IN VALUE WITHOUT A SIGNATURE IS DONE SO AT YOUR OWN RISK. M W Partridge & Co Ltd and Fed Ex UK are NOT liable if your parcel goes astray after it has been delivered.
- Hotmail Accounts: On rare occasions, first time users with Hotmail accounts may find our supplied emails have not been delivered. Please check your spam folder and add us to your email account address book.
- When to expect your goods: If using Royal Mail 1st or 2nd class service, please allow up to 15 days for delivery. If using FedEx, between 1 and 7 days from dispatch depending on location and service used for delivery. The Distance Selling Regulations say that goods must be delivered within a 30 day time frame.
Free Delivery on Orders of £50 or over
We offer a FREE delivery service to all customers with orders in excess of £50 delivered to either mainland England, Wales or southern Scotland (shown by Yellow area on map below).
Choose the ´Standard´ delivery option at checkout.
Priority will be given to orders received before 9:00am for a same day dispatch.
*EXCLUDES SATURDAYS (Saturday Fedex deliveries can be selected by a chargeable alternative option).
Our Courier Policies
- Royal Mail's own Terms & Conditions can be viewed on their web site.
- This is a non-guaranteed postal service. Non-delivery of parcels can only be processed after 15 working days.
- Please allow extra time for delivery at busier times i.e. the few weeks before Christmas, your parcel may not be lost but late - sometimes up to two weeks late. If your order is required urgently we strongly recommend that you opt for the Premium Next Working Day delivery option.
- Please Note: It is not always Royal Mail's fault that you haven't received your parcel. It is possible that they have tried to deliver on time but you have not been in to receive it. It may be worth while trying your local sorting/post office before it is returned to us as "not called for".
- FedEx's own Terms & Conditions can be viewed on their web site.
- Fed Ex will give two attempts to deliver your parcel and leave a calling card on each occurrence. The card will give information where you can collect the parcel yourself or rearrange a further delivery. A third delivery will require a further payment. If you have received a calling card, you will not need to contact us but use the information on the card. You only need to contact us if you have not received your goods - or a calling card - after three days.
- Please allow time for your tracking number to come into effect. We generate the numbers here at the time we send the 'Dispatched' status emails. The numbers should work after we bulk upload them to the FedEx servers.
You can cancel you order with us at any time up until the point of dispatch. After the point of dispatch, please use our returns policy below.
We do our best to keep our web site stock accurate, but as the same stock is also sold through our retail store, complete accuracy is not always possible. If your order is made up with more than one stock line and we fall short, will send what we have and send the remainder once we receive them. You will not be charged any more postage. We will notify you of the issue, giving you the chance to either wait for the remainder or cancel that part of the order. If we find that the product has been discontinued by the supplier, we will advise you and refund that part of the order.
Goods Damaged In Transit:
If there is obvious damage to your goods caused during transit, please refuse the parcel, or sign as damaged and notify us within 24 hours of delivery. You can contact your local Fed Ex Depot to register the damaged parcel if it is delivered out of our office hours without a signature. FAILURE TO DO SO MAY RESULT IN YOUR CLAIM BEING REJECTED.
Returns & Replacement Policy:
- Returning Unwanted Goods: Please notify us within 14 days after taking possession and return within 30 days. Product must be unopened and in original condition. Download a Returns Form and return the item by your own choice of carrier for a full refund of the item, we will not refund the return postage. Items can incur a 25% re-stocking fee if opened or returned unsaleable as new. Collection can be arranged for large items but this will incur a shipping charge of £15.00.
- Goods Returned from Telephone Orders: Due to Distance Selling Compliance Regulations, We do not keep any of your payment details in either electronic or paper form. We will require your card number and expiry date to process a refund in the same way as when you originally purchased your order. The three digit security number on the back of your card is not required for rufunds.
- Faulty Goods under Manufacturers Warranty: Please return goods including receipt within the Manufacturers Guarantee Period, for repair, exchange or refund. If a suitable replacement product is no longer available a full refund will be given. Please download a Returns Form to include with the item.
- Items Received Faulty or Damaged: Please notify us as soon as possible after taking possession and we will arrange for a replacement to be sent to you, this may be by Royal Mail or FedEx at our discretion. Return of the faulty item will be at our discretion and will be arranged with you when you contact us.
- Incorrectly Dispatched Goods: If we have shipped an incorrect item, it should be reported to us by email or phone (01473 820517 / 512) or FAX (01473 820527) as soon as possible after being received. Product must be unopened and in original condition. For small items, we will arrange for the correct item to be dispatched as soon as the return is received by us. We will refund the cost of return postage. For larger items, delivered by courier, we will arrange a collection of the incorrect item on delivery of the replacement.
- Incorrectly Ordered or Exchanging Goods: Please notify us within 14 days of taking possession, download a Returns Form and return the item within 30 days for a refund. We do not pay for return postage costs. Product must be unopened and in original condition. Collection can be arranged for large items but this will incur a shipping charge, the current charge is shown at the bottom of your invoice. Re-order the correct item on-line or phone if you need product advice.